Building Strong & Resilient Communities
In partnership with Focus College, Surrey BC, we are providing these free events for international students, newcomers, refugees and naturalized immigrants to join us for conversation, fun and welcoming meetup groups.
Dates: Thursdays, starting January 17, 2019
Time: 2:00-4:00 pm
Location: 13655 104 Ave #105, Surrey
Who? All ages. All English levels
What? Providing international students, newcomers, refugees and naturalized immigrants with inclusive, fun and welcoming meetup groups.
Why? Helping you navigate your new environment, gain confidence, cultivate and to make friends through ice breaker games and discussions.
- Living in different country, being in a new cultural, how to navigate through different cultures
- Where to go when needing help, looking for work in Canada, learn to self-care
- Celebrating different holidays, preparing for immigration test, avoid being a victim of spam
Re-imagining Social Connectedness
North Vancouver Forum
“Loneliness & social isolation are growing issues with serious consequences for people and society. Addressing loneliness & social isolation is a shared responsibility that needs to be addressed together by the private, non-profit, academic & government sectors.” (Fed. Government Report on Social Isolation)
To address this epidemic, Beyond the Conversation is hosting a series of forums and conversations in different neighbourhoods around Greater Vancouver. The first of these forums will be held on January 12, 2019 in North Vancouver City Library from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM. You are cordially invited to attend the official launch to build a better, stronger, safer and resilient North Vancouver community.
Date: January 12, 2019
Time: 10:00 am to 12:30 pm
Location: North Vancouver City Library
120 W 14th St,
Info: (604) 998-3450
This Forum is sold out.
A Forum on Loneliness & Social Isolation From a Non-Profit Organization Perspective
Date: Saturday, October 27, 2018
Time: 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Location: Knox United Church. 5600 Balaclava Street, Vancouver
Walk to End Social Isolation 2018
Date: Sunday, September 9, 2018
Time: 10:00 am
Location: Arbutus Greenway, Kerrisdale
We will divide into 2 groups.
Group 1 walks from Arbutus Greenway @ 33rd Ave to Kerrisdale Park (0.7 Km) starting at 10:00 am sharp.
Group 2 walks from Arbutus Greenway @ 52nd Ave to Kerrisdale Park (0.8 Km) starting at 10:00 am sharp.
The 2 groups will meet at Kerrisdale Park where there will be a small band, food trucks and some short speeches from members of our community.
Ten Reasons to join this walk
- Accompany a loved one.
- Walk on behalf of family or friends.
- Meet the neighbors and learn about local programs.
- Be inspired from real stories of struggles and triumphs.
- Find out more about “A Friend Indeed”.
- Enjoy outdoor activities.
- Learn about the cause and support our efforts.
- Visit sponsors’ and vendors’ booths.
- Make wishes at our wishing tree.
- Enjoy local food from truck vendors.