A Forum on Loneliness & Social Isolation From a Non-Profit Organization Perspective
Date: Saturday, October 27, 2018
Time: 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Location: Knox United Church. 5600 Balaclava Street, Vancouver
The Walk to End Social Isolation
Date: Sunday, September 9, 2018
Time: 10:00 am
Location: Arbutus Greenway, Kerrisdale
We will divide into 2 groups.
Group 1 walks from Arbutus Greenway @ 33rd Ave to Kerrisdale Park (0.7 Km) starting at 10:00 am sharp.
Group 2 walks from Arbutus Greenway @ 52nd Ave to Kerrisdale Park (0.8 Km) starting at 10:00 am sharp.
The 2 groups will meet at Kerrisdale Park where there will be a small band, food trucks and some short speeches from members of our community.
Please get your friends to sponsor you on this walk or sponsor yourself by donating to Beyond the Conversation.
Ten Reasons to join this walk
- Accompany a loved one.
- Walk on behalf of family or friends.
- Meet the neighbors and learn about local programs.
- Be inspired from real stories of struggles and triumphs.
- Find out more about “A Friend Indeed”.
- Enjoy outdoor activities.
- Learn about the cause and support our efforts.
- Visit sponsors’ and vendors’ booths.
- Make wishes at our wishing tree.
- Enjoy local food from truck vendors.